Monday, July 21, 2008

Pitter patter


I seek a life of constant charm
A twist of fate, a false alarm,
Where mystery flows like submerged rivers,
where dreams awake to thrills and shivers.

I dream of life to live a dream,
To quench my thirst and sprout a stream,
I'll venture forth without regret
I'll dash ahead or better yet,
I'll take it slow, at a steady pace,
And fill my soul without a trace
of false complaint or sudden flaw,
I'd like to sing and paint and draw.

So in this rainy midnight hour,
I try my best not to devour,
The colourful moments that do suggest
The friendly nature of my ardent quest;
The velocity with which I proclaim this true,
Is meant not just for me, but you.

Written on 19th July 2008.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

prash you always always continue to inspire :)

Anonymous said...

prash you always always continue to inspire :)

Anonymous said...

my name is prash. really. and your art is horrible.

bookgirl said...

thanks ma...:)

Kalpana Subramanian said...

lovely pome

abhishek singh said...

nice to see the new works ..
lovely poem and a beautiful visual to compliment the words
:)
inspirin